Craniosacral Therapy is a holistic healing practice that uses light, energetic touch to balance and free the body of restrictions. The practioner focuses on the subtle movements in the cranial bones to assess and release restrictions in the body. It is recommended for those who experience chronic physical pain, hormone imbalances, if you are recovering from an old or new sports injury, past trauma, and for general health and well being, physical, spiritual and emotional balance.
This technique is also recommended for those who experience migraines, chronic headaches, TMJ, ADD, ADHD, fibromyalgia, arthritis, sinus infections, chronic fatigue syndrome, menstrual irregularity, mood disorders, tennis elbow, tendonitis, scar tissue and adhesions, emotional imbalances, spiritual pain, post surgery healing, chronic muscle tension, etc.
The craniosacral system includes the bones, nerves, fluids, and connective tissues of the cranium and spinal area. Techniques include:
- Joint unwinding: beneficial for pain relief from arthritis, overuse injuries, and limited range of motion from scar tissue, old injuries, and joint replacement surgeries.
- Tissue and fascial release: fascia can thicken and lose flexibility in response to chronic tension in muscles. Tension patterns are created through trauma, repetitive stress, and metabolic and biochemical processes. Releasing the fascia benefits the whole body and stimulates the nervous system to function properly. By lengthening and softening the tissue you return blood, oxygen, and nutrients to the areas of restriction.
- Directed energy technique: directs energy that is already being emitted from the hands (200-1000 picoamps- the current of healing and regenerative energy in the body). Energy can be directed to facilitate healing in all parts of the body; internal organs, muscles, joints, nerves, hormonal balancing, releasing adhesions, etc.
- Stillpoint: slows down entire body and brings the body into a parasympathetic healing space where the body's natural healing can take place. This stimulates the immune system, reduces pain, balances hormones, increases circulation, and centers the person.
- Somato-emotional release: a therapeutic process that helps rid the mind and body of residual effects of past trauma and associated negative responses.